As of March 31st, we’ve filled this position!
To apply send resume to email@example.com
JOB TITLE: Professional Driver/Mover (CDL not needed)
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
HOURS: Thursday and Saturday- Start time 10:00 am
BENEFITS: Pay $25 per donation pickup, $15 per furniture delivery, Vacation and Sick Time
DEPARTMENT: Robin’s Home Thrift Store and Donation Center
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB: Drive a box truck that is less than 20 foot in length to deliver or pick up donations, etc. or to deliver items purchased at the Thrift Store. Load and unload trucks using hand jacks or forklifts using safe lifting and loading procedures.
- Client Centered – Our clients come first. Meeting them where they are in their journey is a priority we will always carry our mission forward
- Family – The greatest resource in carrying out our mission is our staff. Our work family positively supports each other and promotes self-care.
- Integrity – Honesty, transparency and accountability guide actions and decisions. Reliability preserves trust among clients and coworkers.
- Resilience – The ability to adjust and push forward in times of great difficulty. Able to identify, validate and address concerns.
- Synergy – Working collectively through positive collaboration. Considerate of others and use time, talent and treasure for the benefit of all.
- Self-Awareness – Able to communicate personal limits and implement solutions. Positive contributor and empowered through a strong sense of role.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proficient in using a GPS for routing
- Physically capable of the job duties which include constant lifting, bending, loading and unloading the truck, and stacking goods throughout the day. Must be able to lift 50 plus pounds above shoulders.
- A good driving record.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Provide excellent Customer Service
- Show good character, a pleasant attitude and a Safety First mindset!
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Drive vehicles with capacities under three tons (6,000 lbs.) to transport materials to and from specified destinations such as stores, residences, and offices.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, and brakes to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Load and unload trucks.
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Read maps and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against donation pick up list.
- Maintain records such as vehicle logs, records of donation pickup and delivery.
- Present bills and receipts and collect payments for goods delivered or picked up.
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
- Perform all duties of and Retail Store Worker when not driving a truck.
- Complies with all safety regulations.
Must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on time; and scheduled work breaks, where applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Pass rep-employment drug screen
- Have valid driver’s license