Interested parties should apply on Indeed [ Apply Here ].
- Develop and implement written procedures for store operations, including opening and closing the store; procedures for accepting, sorting, pricing donations; security procedures for staff and volunteers, handling of cash, and other relevant procedures as needed.
- Oversee the processing of donated items; manage the rotation of items and the disposal of donated items in a timely fashion. Processes include: sorting, hanging, tagging, displaying and disposing of donated items.
- Contribute to the development of annual revenue projections to meet financial goals with Robin’s Home Executive Director.
- Manage monthly budget, maintaining supply inventories.
- Control petty cash, ensuring expenditures and receipts.
- Ensure that all sales transactions (cash, debit and credit cards) are handled properly and in line with Robin’s Home cash handling procedures and standards.
- Provide ongoing financial reporting to the Executive Director regarding sales progress during certain time periods as well as by department. Be aware and have knowledge of daily, weekly and monthly sales performance, percentage of sales goals reach and overall operation of the store.
- Maintain and increase knowledge of resale, thrift, consignment and retail trends (e-mail list serves, publications), visiting other thrift stores and participating in webinars and staff meetings.
- Identify maintenance problems at the store and communicate needs to the Executive Director to ensure a safe, pleasant and clean working environment for staff, volunteers and customers.
- Conduct daily safety inspections by walking the store before opening to make sure floors are free of potential hazards. Ensure restrooms are in working order and isles are clear.
- Support volunteers and staff on the sales floor with customer conflicts, pricing issues, etc.
- Work with and support the efforts of the Volunteer Coordinator to increase volunteer hours to reduce staffing costs whenever possible.
- Supervise staff and volunteers; monitor work performance and provide ongoing feedback to improve productivity and employee job satisfaction.
- Provide inspirational leadership to staff and volunteers, setting operational performance standards and offering training.
- Coordinate and participate in the hiring, supervision, and evaluation of staff. Cross train and mentor staff for succession planning; creating opportunities for internal promotion.
- Conduct performance evaluations as set forth by the Robin’s Home Thrift Store Employee Handbook.
- Engage in progressive discipline procedures when needed; write performance improvement plans that put corrective action in place to ensure staff is in compliance when necessary.
- Report allegations of misconduct to the Executive Director.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all personnel matters.
- Develop schedules for paid staff and volunteers to ensure appropriate levels of staff and volunteer coverage to both reach the store’s financial goals and be able to provide excellent customer service.
- Lead and supervise the retail job training and recruit volunteers to assist.
- Maintain current knowledge of agency policies and procedures as they relate to personnel; monitor staff for adherence to policies and procedures.
- Conduct regularly scheduled communication with staff to provide direction, guidance and oversight to personnel. Host staff meetings weekly to share information and engage in team building.
- Provide timely direction and written and verbal feedback to staff.
- Analyze sales and current inventory in order to provide projections and recommendations to retain customers and increase sales.
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns for the store that will directly influence sales, donations and volunteer morale.
- Implement daily, weekly and monthly store promotions with assistance from staff.
Must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on time; and scheduled work breaks, where applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Valid driver’s license and transportation. Experience working in retail. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.